Selfiecentered - Week Two
Small Group Study
Ice Breaker: Give an example of a time that you were in the right place at the right time.
1. Discuss these five questions from Luke 5 that we talked about last week:
i. Why not today?
ii. Are you ready?
iii. Are you all in?
iv. Are you overflowing?
v. When is the last time you’ve been astonished?
2. What if the key to fulfillment is not self-absorption, but self-abandonment? See Matthew 16:24-25.
3. One of the most important right time/right place stories of your life is unfolding right now. To step into the story, you’ll
need to conquer:
1. Why is it so easy to criticize the church? (hint – you’re in it). See Romans 3:23.
2. Is the church a big deal to Jesus? (See Matthew 16:18, Acts 20:28, Ephesians 5: 23-24)
1. Why do you think Comparison so often leaves us miserable, powerless and ineffective?
2. Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-25. What is Paul comparing the church to?
a. What does your physical body teach you about the different roles in the church?
3. Are you blessed? If so, why? (See Genesis 12:2)
4. Who delivered God’s people out of slavery in Egypt, God or Moses?
5. If God used Moses, why can’t He use you?
1. In the story of the loaves and the fish found in Matthew 14, the little boy plays a pivotal role. What is it?
2. Are you blessed? If so, why? (Genesis 12:2)….yes, the question is a repeat…but really, in light of eternity, why
has God blessed you?