Ice Breaker: What is a growth in your life that you have experienced?
1. This series is called, “I like to believe things that are true, don’t you?”, but sometimes the truth can be hard to hear.
Discuss in light of:
i. Growth requires discomfort.
ii. Where can we draw true inspiration from?
2. Jesus promised, in John 8, that the truth will set us free. How so?
3. Discuss the difference between trial and temptation:
i. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
a. Define temptation from 1 Corinthians 10:13.
b. Define trial, as opposed to temptation.
c. God never promised us an easy, stress-free life.
ii. Life is going to have valleys and peaks.
a. What does, “I know where my help comes from” mean? (hint: this is not a trick question).
4. Read Judges 6:15.
i. How should we respond to God when He asks us to step out in trust?
5. How can we apply David’s life to our own?
i. What are some ways that you can turn to God when facing down your own lion? Bear? Goliath?
6. When do we turn to God for help? (Psalm 145:18)
i. When should we?
7. How does God show us daily His plan for your life? (Jeremiah 29:11)
8. Where can we best see God’s power in our lives?
9. What does God really mean when He says: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness”? - 2 Corinthians 12:9
10. What are some ways to apply the idea of “boasting” of our weaknesses?
11. If growth brings discomfort, how can we handle that discomfort?
12. A trial is an event. NOT a temptation. How can we apply our experiences in the trials to leaning onto God?