Life 101 – Week 2
January 12th Small Group Study
Ice Breaker: Do you have a “snoozed and losed” moment?
1. What are the three responses you’ll have to this series? What are the responses to those responses? Discuss.
2. Why do you think it is so much easier for churches to talk about smoking, addiction and drinking than over eating?
a. Why is over eating a spiritual issue?
3. If one of the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5 is self control, what is Jesus promising in John 15:5 regarding over eating?
4. What would be your next step in getting in shape this year?
5. What’s the difference between attendance and involvement?
6. When people wander away from God, the first step is almost always a step away from His people. Why?
7. How does being INVOLVED at church keep you from drifting?
8. Why is drifting away from God dangerous? Refer to Proverbs 3:5-6.
9. Proverbs 13:20 says “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” What does that have to do with getting involved at church?
10. How does getting involved in church help you grow spiritually? See Matthew 10:39.
11. Are you a partner at Southside church? If not, join Connections class!!