316 - Part 6 - 2 Timothy 3:16
August 11 - Group Study Guide
Ice Breaker: Have you ever bought anything from an infomercial? What? Do you know someone who did? How did it work out?
This Sunday, we looked at some of the last words ever written by the
Apostle Paul. I got to thinking, what would I like my last words to be?
a. What instructions or advice or message would you like to leave with the people you love before the time is up?
b. What do you want to be remembered for?
c. What would you like on your tombstone?
d. What would you like the “key thought” at your funeral to be?
e. Now, here’s the HUGE question….what are you doing today make that a reality some day?
2. The Bible is a textual representation of God. Discuss in light of John 1:1.
3. 2 Timothy 3:16 says God’s word is USEFUL. In what ways does Paul say its useful?
a. How and why does the Bible teach?
b. How and why does the Bible rebuke?
c. How and why does the Bible correct?
d. How and why does the Bible train?
4. You can’t learn if you’re not teachable. What does it mean to be teachable? Discuss in light of James 4:6.
5. Information plus application = transformation. Discuss in light of John 8:31-32.
6. Most North American Christians are educated far beyond their level of obedience. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss.
7. Three key points today:
a. Do you see the Bible as useful in your life? Do you treat it as such? Do you study it?
b. Do you approach God’s word in a posture of humility? Are you teachable, or do you think you have arrived and have nothing to learn? What would those closest to you think?
c. Do you apply God’s truth to your life? Give an example.