Small Group Study
“He is” – August 10
Ice Breaker: Sometimes we get reminded of our “humanity”. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Open up your Bible (or smart phone or tablet) to John 9: 1-34
1. When humanity meets divinity, everything changes. Discuss.
2. The disciples start out in this story by playing the “blame game”. Why do we play the blame game?
3. There are people who think that THE problem in their life is:
a. The government
b. Their spouse.
c. Their kids
d. Their parents
e. Global warming
Each of those could pose “a” problem in your life, but according to Jesus in verse 5, what is THE
4. What does dirt represent in the Bible? (See Genesis 2:7, 3:19, Psalm 103: 13-16, John 8: 3-11).
5. Why did the Pharisees hate Jesus?
6. In John 8:6, what do you think Jesus was writing on the ground? Why?
7. What does water represent in the bible? (See Jn 4:10-14; 7:38; Ex 17:1-6; Isa 55:1; Zech 14:8; 1 Cor 10:4;
Rev 21:6; 22:17)
8. There is a miracle in the mud….discuss.
9. Everything changes when you just add water. Give some examples.
10. Evangelism made simple: John 9:25. You are not a judge; you are not a lawyer. You are a witness.