Easter Small Group Study
Ice Breaker: Are you a “handy person”. Give us examples of your prowess, or lack thereof.
1. What does John 3:16 mean to you, when you “make it personal”?
2. Three definitions of Restorer:
i. One who gives back something that was lost or stolen.
1. According to the Bible what is your birth right as a child of God?
a. 2 Corinthians 12:10
b. Ephesians 2:10
c. 2 Timothy 1:7
d. John 10:10
2. How did Satan steal your birth right?
3. Have you felt the effects of being a spiritual orphan? Discuss.
4. How did Jesus get back our birth right? Discuss in light of Galatians 4:4-5.
5. Read Psalm 23:1-6. What promise is implicit in this passage?
ii. One who puts or brings something back into use.
1. Discuss the following quote:
I am convinced that it is not the fear of death, of our lives ending that haunts our sleep so much as the fear... that as far as the world is concerned, we might as well never have lived.
2. There are two reasons people feel useless. They feel:
a. Unworthy. Discuss in light of 2 Cor. 5:17.
b. Unable. Discuss in light of Romans 8:11.
iii. One who returns something to an earlier or original condition by
repairing it, cleaning it, etc.
1. According to Psalm 139, you were born to be wonderful!
a. How does the world knock the wonderful out of us?
b. I tried the three “P’s” to try to get my own kind of wonderful….parties, popularity, and power.
What have you tried? How’d it work?
c. How does the death and resurrection of Jesus bring us back to wonderful?