Ice Breaker: Do you remember when your mom used to say to you, “Just because Fred jumped off a bridge, doesn’t mean you have to!”? Ok, but statistically speaking, people often “jump off the bridge” because of Fred….What is the dumbest thing you’ve done because of peer pressure?
1. You were born to be great. Discuss in light of Psalm 139: 13-16.
2. Jesus died so you could be great. Discuss in light of John 1:11-13.
3. The Holy Spirit empowers you to be great. Discuss in light of Col. 1:27.
4. When Jesus said, in Matthew 16, “I will build My church”, He used the word Ecclesia.
How did that clarify that the church is not:
a. A building.
b. A service.
c. A sermon.
5. There are 59 “one another commands given to the church in the New Testament. Why?
6. For Christians, if we want to find our greatness, relationships must be
i. Read Proverbs 13:20.
1. Wise people see life as “connected”. How?
2. Foolish people live life as disconnected.
a. The either cannot or will not view today’s decisions in light of yesterday’s experience and tomorrow’s consequences. So, how does a companion of fools suffer harm?
b. Have you ever suffered harm from a companion of fools?
i. Read Romans 15:14 – another translation for instruct is admonish.
1. Admonish means “to scold”
a. Ever have a true friend “scold” you? Why?
i. God commands us to call greatness out of one another. Check out this list!
John 13 – Love one another
Romans 12 – be devoted to one another and honour one another above yourselves.
Romans 15 – accept one another
1 Cor. 16 – Greet one another with a holy kiss…greeters, are you writing this down?
Ephesians 4 – be kind to one another
Col. 3 – bear with one another
1 Thess. 4 – Encourage one another
James 5 – pray for one another
1 Thess. 5 – build each other up
Hebrews 3 – encourage each other daily
1 Peter 4 – offer hospitality to one another
Are you inspired?