Unbreakable Part 3
June 2 - Group Study Guide
Ice Breaker: What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
1. What has the main point of this unbreakable series been?
2. What did the ark of the covenant represent in the OT? What about us as NT believers according to Ephesians 1:13 and Acts 1:8?
On Sunday Pastor Mike told us 3 things we need to do to possess God’s promise for our lives:
The first one was: We need to Step
3. What is different about God’s plan on the banks of the Jordan River compared to the Red Sea 40 years earlier? Why?
4. What did God do as soon as the priests set foot in the Jordan River?
5. What is your “Jordan River” right now in your life (something that requires faith and courage from you?)
6. Do you believe that when you set foot in your Jordan River that God will show up?
7. God brought us through the Red Sea of salvation, but on the banks of the Jordan River, in order to possess His promise, to experience His power, and fulfill our purpose, the next move is ours. Discuss.
8. What is your next step? There ALWAYS is one, so what is yours right now?
Read Romans 8:14-15
Do you feel like God is asking you to stop camping out on the banks of
the Jordan and step into what He’s calling you towards? Discuss in
light of Romans 8:14-15.
The second thing we have to do is Strategize.
You can’t win the battle unless you know who you’re fighting.
Read Ephesians 6:10-12
10. Have you ever misidentified the enemy? Discuss in light of Ephesians 6
11. Our real enemy is a liar, an accuser, and comes to steal, kill and destroy. Discuss.
12. Are there areas of your life where you have been fighting the wrong enemy?
In order to step into God’s promise, we also have to Struggle.
All Christians are all called to step in (advance) and we have an enemy (the devil), so it should be no surprise to any of us that we face struggles.
13. How have you seen this play out in your life?
14. Don’t be nervous if you’re struggling. Be nervous if you’re not. Discuss.
15. Discuss Southside’s five core values. How does each of them require us to step, strategize, and struggle?
a. Saved people serve.
b. Found people find people
c. God’s people give
d. We’re in this together
e. Disciples grow
The North Campus of Southside Church represents us as a church—together, stepping out, strategizing, and being willing to struggle in order to possess God’s promise, take hold of His power, and fulfill our purpose. Discuss.