Long Shot – Week 4
Small Group Study
Ice Breaker: Are you on social media? Why or why not? Do you have a favorite social media story?
1. Turns out you’re not such a long shot after all. Why not?
2. Pastor Mike talked about the pattern of the Israelites that plays out through the entire OT. What is that pattern? Have you seen it play out in your own life?
3. The first picture we get of Gideon in Judges 6:11 does not really inspire great confidence. Why?
4. For Gideon, fear was a bigger deal than effectiveness. Has that ever been true in your life?
5. Why is the order of the angel’s statement in Judges 6:12 so important?
6. Insecurity is pride in disguise. Why?
7. God says to Gideon, “I am going to work through YOU to answer YOUR prayer”. Is He saying that to you today?
a. In your marriage?
b. At work?
c. In your family?
d. With your kids?
e. With the needs around you?
8. God calls us to be humble, not humiliated. What’s the difference?
9. Philippians 4:13 says you can do all things! Why?
10. The first step towards defeating the Midianites was to tear down idols. What idols do you need to tear down?
11. Who does your Father say you are? Do you REALLY believe it?