Ice Breaker – I had A LOT of trouble with the flexed arm hang in school. Some people have a lot of trouble with Math, or English, or learning to drive…..Talk about something in your life that has proved very difficult.
1. Deep down, no one is as miserable as a lukewarm Christian. They have just enough of the world in them to not be satisfied in Jesus and just enough of Jesus to not be satisfied in the world. Discuss.
2. Luke warm Christians are personally miserable and missionally ineffective, according to Revelation 3:15-16. Explain.
3. Sex is for marriage. Easy to read, hard to heed. Why?
4. Purity starts with the eyes. Discuss in light of Job 31:1. Just a thought here….might be a good time to separate guys and girls for the rest of this study.
i. So, get real. How are you doing with your eyes? You know you can control them, right?
ii. Are you looking lustfully at someone you’re not married to? How is that like stealing?
iii. Are you looking at them to see if they’re looking at you? Why? Who validates you? God or people you’re not married to?
5. Men were created to be protectors. Why should you not have sex with a girl you’re not married to, according to this passage?
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people…"
i. Ya, but what if SHE’S the one initiating sex with you? Is it ok then?
6. Single women, do you trust God?
a. How does having sex with a man you’re not married to indicate the answer to that question is no?
b. You are using that man instead of loving him. How are you using him? What do you get from him?
7. Read Matthew 5:6. How does that answer the “how far is too far” question?
8. Married men and women…..I LOVE this old school wedding vow: Before God and these witnesses I promise to be a faithful and true husband.
a. What is faithful?
i. What does it mean to be a “one woman man” or a “one man woman”?
1. What does it mean to say, “I only have eyes for my spouse”?
2. What does it mean to say, "I only have attention for my spouse"?
b. What is true?
i. Are you striving to love, to serve, to honour, to pursue, to pray for, to cherish, to have better sex with your spouse? How could you start today?