Culture Clash - Week Two
Small Group Study
Ice Breaker: What was your wedding song? If you’re single, what do you want your wedding song to be? :)
1. When pastor Mike says, “God has an incredible plan for your life”, he’s making a controversial claim. What is it?
(see Proverbs 14:12).
2. If you’re single, did you miss week 1 of Culture Clash? When are you going to watch it?
a. In dating:
i. Family is cool. Discuss.
ii. Kindness is cool. Discuss
iii. Purity is cool. Discuss
iv. Maturity is cool. Discuss.
3. Ephesians 5:21 says there is a one word key to a “new marriage”. What is that word?
4. What is the definition of “submit” as given by Paul in Philippians 2:3.
5. So, how do we submit in marriage? Can you give some examples?
It would be a good idea at this point of your study, to split into “guys and girls”.
6. Ephesians 5:25 describes submission for husbands. Can you summarize?
a. Three ways you can “give yourself up” for your wife (the three p’s):
1. What would it mean to pray, “God, give my wife a better husband?”.
2. Do you pray for your wife’s mission – to change the world one life, one story at a time?
1. What does it mean to never stop “wooing” your wife?
2. Here are the “five love languages”:
a. Physical touch.
b. Acts of service.
c. Quality time.
d. Words of affirmation.
f. All of the above.
i. Which one should a husband who is pursuing his wife pick?
iii. Preach – speak life TO your wife. Speak life ABOUT your wife.
1. Do you speak life to your wife? Examples?
2. Come up with three things right now you could celebrate in your wife.
3. Do you speak well of your wife when she’s not there?
a. If not, can you make the commitment today to NEVER EVER EVER EVER trash your wife again?
b. Can you make the commitment to defend your wife at all times?
b. If you want to have a new marriage in 2015, who should submit first, you or your wife?
7. Ephesians 5:22 describes submission from wives to husbands. Can you summarize?
a. Three ways you could value your husband above yourself:
1. One of the most powerful prayers you could ever pray for your husband is “God, give my husband a
better wife”. Are you prepared to pray that?
2. This is the prayer Corinne prays for Mike every day (from Psalm 1):
Blessed is Mike, who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, Mike’s delight is in the law of the Lord, and he meditates on his law day and night. Mike is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither — whatever Mike does prospers.
Would you pray this for your husband, or is there a different passage you will begin praying?
ii. Pursue. Men are pretty simple. You can pursue them with your:
1. Belief: If you tell them they can, they’ll believe you. If you tell them they can’t, they’ll believe you.
2. Body: Did I mention men are pretty simple? Tell your husband he’s attractive to you and you enjoy
“being with him”, and he’ll be ready to take on the world!
3. Bragging: Are you proud of him? Why? Have you told him lately?
1. Do you speak life to your husband? Examples?
2. What are a few things you could celebrate in your husband?
3. Do you speak well of him when he’s not there? If not, can you commit to NEVER EVER EVER EVER
trashing him again?
4. Can you commit to defending your husband?
b. If you’re going to have a new marriage in 2015, who should submit first?