Light It Up!
Light is the New Dark
Ice Breaker: What is your “oddest” fear?
1. At creation, God said, “Let there be light”. It was historical. Discuss in light of Genesis 1:1-5.
2. When God sent Jesus, He said, “Let there be light”, but this time it was personal. Discuss in light of Luke 2: 8-12.
3. At the end of history, and at the beginning of eternity, God said, “let there be light” and this time the promise was
eternal. Discuss in light of Revelation 21:4.
4. Has there been a time in your life when you were in a “darkness you could feel”?
a. Emptiness instead of abundance
b. Confusion instead of clarity
c. Chaos and anxiety instead of rest and peace
d. Despair instead of hope
i. What is the answer, according to John 8:12?
5. Do you really believe 2 Corinthians 5:17?
a. Discuss in light of Psalm 103:12.
b. How did Jesus help you get past your past?
6. Deuteronomy 31:7-8. Does it apply to you?
a. What is your inheritance?
b. You don’t know WHAT tomorrow brings but you know WHO goes with you. Is that enough?
7. Are there three people you could invite to Southside Christmas services this year? Have you been praying for them?